Dreaming Of Mr. Darcy

January 1, 2012


Dreaming Of Mr. Darcy
By: Victoria Connelly
368 Pages

Summary:
After receiving an unexpected windfall, 31-year-old Kay Ashton boldly decides to start anew. She’s always dreamed of living in a locale dripping with Regency-era lore, so she buys a rundown B&B in Lyme Regis. Kay has barely settled into the partially rehabbed seaside home when the producers of a film adaptation of Austen’s Persuasion show up and book every available room. Kay swoons for dashing Oli Wade Owen, who plays Capt. Wentworth; screenwriter Adam Craig swoons for Kay; Kay tries to play matchmaker for Adam; hilarity ensues. --bn.com

Kay's mother has recently died. Prior to her death, Kay made a friend at the home her mother stayed in. When her new friend passes on, Kay is left every penny the woman had. Fueled by a dream to own a house on the beach and a new inheritance, Kay sets out to make a new life for herself. She finds an old B&B that needs a lot of work, but it's perfect.

Before she's open for business, she gets an unexpected visitor. The producer of a film needs a place to put up her cast. before Kay knows what hits her, she has a full B&B and a front row seat to the filming of Persuasion. She becomes friends with several of the actors, falls for one, and has her life turned upside-down before filing wraps.

I loved reading this book! From the book's location in the heart of Jane Austen Land, to the little tidbits of her life you get among the plots, I loved every minute of it. It was over before I was ready for it to be.

I haven't had a lot of success with the plethora of Austen-inspired books that have come out in the recent years, but this one was great! Victoria Connelly has her niche and does it remarkably well. I have found a new writer to read and enjoy! Not only do I want to curl up and re-read some of my favorite Austen books, I want to curl up and read more of Victoria's work as well. Any Austen fan will probably enjoy this book as much as I did.

Rating: BUY IT!

3 comments:

Lauri J Owen on January 1, 2012 at 6:08 PM said...

Do you accept submissions for review? I keep a comprehensive list and wonder if you want to be added. it's here: http://laurijowen.blogspot.com/p/book-reviewers-list.html
Thanks!
~Lauri

Jen on January 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM said...

I've never really thought about it. My only concern would be my current schedule. I have 2 small kids & how often I review goes by their schedule. I wouldn't be opposed to it, but would want to make sure everyone would be ok with it. I'll check out your website. Thank you!

anarchist on January 5, 2012 at 9:31 AM said...

Hi,

Apologies for the off-topic comment, but I couldn't find a contact email for you.

I recently put out an ebook of my writing, called The New Death and others. It's a collection of short pieces, mostly dark fantasy.

I was wondering if you'd be interested in doing a review on your blog.

If so, please email me: news@apolitical.info. Let me know what file format is easiest for you, and I'll send you a free copy.

You can download a sample from the ebook's page on Smashwords:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/92126

I'm also happy to do interviews, guest posts, or giveaways. Just let me know what you'd prefer.

Yours,
James.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada