Genre Burn Out

March 7, 2013

Hi. My name is Jen, and I have suffered from genre burn out. 


Have you ever been on a reading kick with a specific genre? Couldn't get enough of the mysteries? Found yourself continuously traveling back in time with historical fiction? Isn't it wonderful?! Yeah, it's never ending happiness... until the happiness ends.

I've been known to go on one genre kick after another. I would consume as many cozy mysteries, fiction books, historical fiction adventures, and gripping bios until I couldn't focus anymore. I learned the hard way that I was on genre burn out.

Now, I try to not to overdo it when I go on a reading streak. I try not to read so many books in one genre that I burn out of it.

Has this ever happened to you? What do you do when it does?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to read romance but I always found myself wanting more. I am a big ole scaredy cat so I shocked EVERYONE when I started reading mysteries! Of course, I only read cozy mysteries but now I can not get enough of them. I do not see myself changing but hey, stranger things have happened! LOL!

Jen on March 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM said...

I'm a HUGE fan of cozy mysteries!! I love them! Glad to find another fan!! I spent my summer reading them last year, and will probably spend most of this coming summer reading them, too. I don't want to burn out of them, so I tend to read different ones if I'm working my way through a series. Thanks for commenting!

Martha Eskuchen on March 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM said...

I have lately found myself not enjoying the romances so much and preferring Sci Fi, Fantasy and mysteries. Then again, contemporary romance has never been my fav although I loved historical romance until they got overly sexual with less plot. So- maybe I need to pay attention to these feelings and read less romance for review! LOL

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada