I'll Start Again Monday

January 4, 2022

 


I'll Start Again Monday
By: Lysa Terkeurst
Genre: Christian Living/ Non-Fiction

Summary:
Within these pages, Lysa opens up about her weight struggles and overall healthy living journey. She shares revelations she had, lessons learned. She tells you how her walk with God played an integral part of her journey. How did she overcome temptations and weak points? In this book. she shares it all with you.

This book came to me at just the right time. As someone who has struggled with their weight and healthy eating for several years, I related to just about everything she wrote. There were so many times I read a sentence and thought: That's me!! I truly appreciated how vulnerable she was in telling her story. This whole book was extremely relatable. I devoured it. I related to it. I can't wait to buy it when it comes out. I really felt like I had a partner in this struggle with me.

As a new year begins, new goals will be set. Struggles will be encountered. Decisions will be made. The brick wall made up of bad habits will be faced. Will I cave like I have in the past? Will I do half-hearted efforts and get half-hearted results? One thing I know is that I have never really battled this battle with God as my support system. This new year will bring a new approach. My focus needs to shift and be reexamined. Thanks to Lysa, I have new views to contemplate. New roads to travel as I try to get to the same destination. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I found it incredibly helpful and insightful. Lysa took an all too familiar issue and brought new light to it. And while this book centers on weight and health, I feel it's lessons can be applied to anything. As long as you are focusing on God- you aren't alone and you aren't helpless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada