James Patterson By James Patterson

August 4, 2022

 


James Patterson
By: James Patterson

Summary:
The famous and beloved writer gives you glimpses into his life- before, during and after becoming one of the best selling writers of our time. 

I have to admit to not knowing much about James Patterson before reading this book. It's really why I was so drawn to it. I've read several of his books- like millions of others. I've read an interview of his, but I didn't know his story. And let me tell you, there was far more to it than I ever thought there was. 

Within these pages, you will learn about the raw deal he got in school. He takes you through his high school years and how he, and numerous other fellow students, were manipulated into changing their college plans. 

Another thing I had no clue about was Patterson's highly successful career in advertising- before his successful writing career. He even tells you some of the campaigns he worked on that you may have heard of. 

While he's giving you the tour of his past, he opens up about a devastating loss. He introduces you to his first love and walks you through what it was like losing her, and the blow it was when it finally happened. It really brought out a side of him I wasn't expecting, but really enjoyed reading about. Some of my favorite books of his aren't his crime/thrillers, but the fiction ones. I was able to see where those beautiful stories came from. 

Patterson's humor is found throughout the entire book, which I loved. he didn't take anything too seriously and wasn't above poking fun at himself. I loved how he introduced you to his favorite cowriters. 

Fans of Patterson will enjoy hearing his story from his perspective. Those who only know him from his books will have the opportunity to get to know him. Long standing fans will get the feeling of hanging out with him over lunch while he talks about himself. You may not get the most detailed story of his life, but you enjoy what you do get. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada