Theology For The Rest of Us
By: Lisa Harper
Genre: Christian Resources
As Lisa Harper was studying for her Doctoral degree, she came across a whole lot of words that many of us don't know about. So, she had the brilliant idea to compile these words that are relevant to the Christian faith. This book is that compilation. It's literally a dictionary of the words she felt we should know about. Each word comes with it's origins, examples from the Bible- and sometimes her own life.
If you are studying the Bible History or just wanting to know more about words you hear, this book is a great resource for you. She puts each explanation in easy to understand words. She breaks each word down to show you where it came from and how it came to be in the Bible. Each word also comes with a reasoning for why it's important to know and how it plays into out faith now.
Some words I knew, but most I didn't. For example, I knew of Advent. But I didn't know there was a wreath involved along with candles to represent important concepts. That was a new revelation for me. Now I want to do this each year! Thank you, Lisa, for informing me of this.
This newest addition to her catalog is a departure from all of her previous books, but no less useful. Like I said, this is a great resource to use when you come across a term you aren't familiar with. You still get her humorous explanations we've all come to love, as well as the knowledge she's known for.

0 comments:
Post a Comment