New Years's Reading Resolutions...

December 28, 2010


A new year is just around the corner. I'm not one for making resolutions, because I tend to break them before I even finish stating the resolution. However, I'm going to make a few reading resolutions for 2011. I figure these have a better shot of being kept than a vow to lose my holiday/baby weight (even though my baby is 1 1/2).


So, here they are:
1. To discover at least one new author- if not more.
2. Read a book from a genre I normally don't read.
3. Try to go to an author signing this year.
4. Make my bookstore gift certificates last a month.
5. Read 1 Nicholas Sparks book I haven't read yet.

These are all I can think of right now. If I think of more I can always add to my list later. Here's hoping I have lots of reading success in the coming year. If you have set any reading goals for the coming year, I wish you much success with them. I'd love to hear what they are if you would like to share. We can cheer each other on!

6 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on December 29, 2010 at 12:23 AM said...

Great resolutions! I hope you get to achieve your reading goals!

Jen on December 29, 2010 at 4:24 PM said...

Me, too! I look forward to the year ahead.

Linda White on January 3, 2011 at 8:19 PM said...

Great idea! I have to say, my reading resolution this year is to read some of those classics that I didn't read because I skipped all those basic English classes in high school. Like mythology. I never took it, it was a slacker class in my school. And I skipped it in college too. And Dickens. I have only read two of his. Also on my list: Samuel Pepys, Black Velvet (?) and many others. Books that other people think I have already read, and are shocked to find I haven't! It's time...

Linda White on January 3, 2011 at 8:20 PM said...

Little Women. I've never read it and it's getting embarrassing.

Jen on January 3, 2011 at 9:01 PM said...

Linda- you should definitely go for it!! If you want, we can read some classics together. I hope you get to read the books you missed out on in high school. I wish I had appreciated the classics more when I read them in high school. Let me know how you do!!

The Queen B on January 6, 2011 at 12:13 AM said...

Awesome resolutions. I can't wait to hear what new genre you try :D

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada