Summer And The City

May 2, 2011

Summer And The City
By: Candace Bushnell
409 Pages

Summary:
Carrie arrives in NYC to attend The New School's Writing Program for the summer. She lives with Samantha and meets Miranda. Meet some of her fellow classmates, her first NY love interest, & see how her first serious writing attempt is recieved. She's determined to lose her virginity on her 18ht birthday, too. Who's the lucky guy?

This should have been the first book in the Carrie Diaries trilogy. This is the book that introduces her to the city she falls in love with. This is the book that starts it all. After reading this book, I felt like The Carrie Diaries isn't a book you have to read. I loved this book. It had some slow parts biut, overall, I think it was a good read. I loved reading how she bought her clothes in a Vintage clothing store. I wish there had been more of a focus on her writing. It was a curve I didn't see coming when she decides she's going ot be a playwright. For some reason I figured she would have started out writing a book. My heart broke for her when it didn't get the reaction she was hoping for.

Some partsof the book I found hard to buy into. For instance, Carrie has no job to bring in money. yet, she's able to buy things after it would seem she would've run out of the money she was given. Miranda is kind of the same way. I don't remember her mentioning a job, yet she has her own apartment.

I look forward to the next installment. Carrie meets Charlotte at the end of the book. She also gets her first job offer to write a newspaper column. I can't wait to see how everything comes together.

Rating: Borrow From The Library/Buy It

2 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on May 2, 2011 at 10:44 AM said...

This sounds like a great, fun read! But I understand about the unbeliavable things. I like things to make sense.

Jen on May 2, 2011 at 1:07 PM said...

me, too. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada