Under The Tuscan Sun- book or Movie?

May 7, 2011

Many books have been turned into movies. Some converted well, while others did not. Some movies stayed true to books they were bringing to life. Some have little in common. I'd like to know your thoughts.


Under The Tuscan Sun
By:Frances Mayes


BOOK





Under The Tuscan Sun


MOVIE



In this case, I preferred the movie. I do have to say that the book and movie had very little in common. I watched the movie first and kept waiting to read what I saw on the movie screen. Having seen and read them both, I still liked the movie better. I loved how they had a woman starting her life over in a foreign country.

Between the book and the movie, I have to ask you: which one did you like better?

4 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on May 8, 2011 at 1:40 AM said...

I have only seen the movie, so I can't really make a pick, but I can say that I really enjoyed the movie. I also prefer some movies to the books on which they were based.

Jen on May 8, 2011 at 11:00 AM said...

ithoroughly enjoyed the movie. the book is nothing like the book.

CityMidwife on May 9, 2011 at 10:42 AM said...

I think that if you would have read the book first, you would have liked it better. So different, but I remember being disappointed in the movie. Probably would have been the opposite if I saw the movie first!

Jen on May 10, 2011 at 11:37 AM said...

Yeah, that was my thought too. When I read the book Iw asn't able totake it for itself. That's why I want to read it again. I usually read the book first if I know there is one, but not this time.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada