When Creativity Returns...

July 29, 2012


I have missed my writing days. I've missed researching for the story, missed forming the plot, the characters, and the setting. I've missed the creativity of it all. However, being a Mommy to 2 young children, I didn't think I'd return to those days any time soon. Guess I was wrong. And it all started with a dream...

A couple of weeks ago I woke up from a dream. Usually, I wouldn't think twice about a dream and just go on with my life. But this dream was different. It wouldn't let go. Before long, where the dream left off, my creative side picked up. That's how I knew there was something to this dream. Maybe I was supposed to turn it into something. So now I am.

Knowing that my time isn't completely free to pursue this project whenever I want, I have no clue what will become of this story. I have written down thorough notes and am keeping everything that has to do with this project. I'm hoping I'll be able to see this project through from start to finish.
While I don't have the whole story mapped out, I do have the important parts. I'll say this is: it's another historical fiction piece and this house plays a big role.



If you couldn't tell by the style of the house, my time period is early 1900s. The above house is the model for the house in my story, but it isn't the actual house. The house in the above picture is the Long-Waterman House located in San Diego, California. Isn't it gorgeous?! Here's a picture of it from my time period.

Right now I'm in heavy research mode. I'm gathering all the facts and historical dates I need. Forming the storyline, characters, and setting as I go. I'm loving every minute of it. I feel my creative self coming out the further I go. I'm so excited!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada