Reclaiming Home by Milou Koenings

March 18, 2014



Ella Martin's always done what she should. But has she lost touch with what she wants?

When she gets the call that her father and stepmother have been injured in a freak accident, coming home to Green Pines to take care of them isn’t really what she’d planned. She’s spent her life getting away from small-town Green Pines. If ever there was a dying community in need of Ella’s expertise in neighborhood revitalization, though, this is it.

She’s willing to give a shot at saving Green Pines, but things get complicated when billionaire real-estate developer Covington Black moves in up the road. Sure, she’s got a crush on him – who wouldn’t? But he’s just taken out an injunction to keep her from picketing his construction sites, so when he starts romancing her, he must be up to something. Whatever game he’s playing, she knows he’s only going to break her heart.

Covington Black knows what he wants. He’s seeking solace in the only place he’s ever been truly happy – his grandfather’s farm in Green Pines. He’s got big plans for the place and he’s looking for a partner to share his dreams with. He wants to believe Ella’s the one, and yet it seems like falling for her is the one thing he shouldn’t have done.

Honestly I was very excited to read this book, reading the summary I knew I was hooked! However, the day before I started this book I lost someone very close to my family so when I first started on this book and first read that the main character's dad was in the hospital, I had a hard time getting into the book. But I was a trooper and kept on reading and I'm glad I did!
Ella reminds me so much of myself it's not funny. She is a determined girl who likes to do what's right! After coming home and learning that her town was slowly shrinking with less jobs and companies shutting down, she takes it upon herself to start rebuilding it and revitalizing her town again! Along the way she meets Tony Black who runs a real estate corporation of his own with many employees. She first meets Tony when her dad was involved in an accident in which Tony feels some responsibility for it. Tony decides to pay for her dad's bills and they meet while she was visiting her dad, and he was visiting his brother. Their relationship builds slowly, assumption and miscommunication occurs, and a plot twist thrown in by a member of Ella's family some disruption, but the ending was worth it!

Reclaiming Home was a very sweet read! I loved how Milou conveys the spirit of hope in the characters, I would definitely recommend this book!    

1 comments:

Milou Koenings on March 20, 2014 at 9:36 AM said...

Hi Debbie,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Writing Reclaiming Home was a way for me to heal from a loss of my own and focus hope, so I'm glad that you found it hopeful as well.

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for recommending the book!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada