A Granddaughter's Good-Bye

May 15, 2010

Today is the Memorial service for my Grandmother. It breaks my heart that I can't be there to say my good-byes and honor the remarkable
woman she was. So this is my way of doing that.


Gone But Never Forgotten
If I close my eyes I can go back in time.
Relive the memories I hold dear in my mind.
I can see your smile and the magic that is you.
I'd give anything for this dream to be true.
All your love is still wrapped within mine.
And we'll be together again in another place and time.

You're always with me wherever I may go.
Just like your heart will always be another place I call home.
I was blessed to have you in my life, this I'll always know.
Even though you no longer stand next to me, I'll never stand alone.
You may be gone, but you'll never be forgotten.


You are always a dream away.
And you're still listening to what my heart has to say.
You're still with me.
You always will be.
If I'm missing you, I can stroll down memory lane.
We may not have tomorrow, but tomorrow will always remain.


You helped teach me about love.
You helped teach me to never give up.
You swore there was nothing I couldn't do.
I am who I am because of you.
You made my world a better place.
I just have to close my eyes to see your beautiful and loving face.


Good-bye, Grandma. Thank you for being the amazing gift of life and love that you were to me and all that knew you. Please give Poppy a big hug and kiss for me.

2 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) on May 15, 2010 at 9:32 AM said...

Aww hon - I'm so sorry! Your goodbye is beautiful and touching. You'll be in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Sagi on May 15, 2010 at 3:01 PM said...

This is such a touching poem *hugs*

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada