Mum's The Word

May 2, 2010



Mum's the Word
By: Kate Collins
283 pages

Meet law school flunkie turned flower shop owner Abby Knight. She claims she isn't nosy, she just has a serious dislike for injustice. What could more of an injustice than someone being falsely accused of murder? Abby Knight is on the case...

On the front cover Denise Swanson says: "move over Stephanie Plum, Abby Knight has come to town." I disagree. Personally, I don't think Stephanie Plum has anything to worry about in Abby Knight. But, to each their own.

The story, overall, is pretty forgettable. There was nothing that stands out as great. I didn't form an attachment to any of the characters- Abby Knight included. "Mum's the Word" gets lost in a genre with many, many other books attempting to do the same thing.

Having said that, it should be noted this book is the first in a series. It's not uncommon for a series to get better with age. Kinks are still being worked out in the first book. This book was a light, fluffy, no-brainer read and there is a huge market for this- I being among that market. It was good for what I wanted it to be: a light, fluffy read. I may read another in the series.

Rating: Borrow from the library

3 comments:

The Queen B on May 2, 2010 at 3:08 PM said...

Nice review sweets. I agree, it's a good no brain read, but I don't think I'd suggest buying it either.

Jen on May 2, 2010 at 7:23 PM said...

hi there!! thank you. did you read any more in this series?

The Queen B on May 2, 2010 at 8:55 PM said...

I skimmed the next couple. I haven't read the latest one, though. I kinda lost interest

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada