Jen's Christmas- The Muppet Christmas Carol

November 28, 2010

We all have traditions that we do during the holidays. One of mine is to watch Christmas movies. One of my all time favorite Christmas movies is...

I grew up on the Muppets! I loved their TV show and several of their movies. So, when this movie was made it was thoroughly embraced by me. While I lived with my parents my Mom & I would make popcorn and watch it. That's when the Christmas season officially began in our house. I still watch it every Christmas.

They do a great job of telling the story. I love how some of the dialogue is taken from the book. Micheal Cane is an amazing Scrooge. Gonzo plays the narrator of the story and does a great job at it. My Christmas would not be complete without watching this movie!!

4 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on November 29, 2010 at 1:00 AM said...

Aw, the Muppets! I haven't seen this movie yet, but the Muppets were great, so I think I should see this movie.

Jen on November 29, 2010 at 10:28 AM said...

It's a good one, in my opinion. Thank you so much for your comment! Hope all is well with you!

Hilde on November 29, 2010 at 3:35 PM said...

This is my favourite movie adaption of A Christmas Carol too (it even beats Mickey's Christmas Carol, which I loved as a kid and still do). I expected it to be a little cheesy the first time I watched it, but I was pleasantly surprised by how touching and sweet it is. I love how close to the original it is, while still being, well, original. Definitely a Christmas tradition for me!

Jen on November 29, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

Hilde, I feel the exact same way!!! I love that some of the book's dialogue became some of the movie dialogue. I'm yet to find another movie of the book I like better. Thanks for commenting! I'm glad to see someone else loved this movie as much as I did.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada