Murder Is Binding (Mystery Month)

June 9, 2011

Murder Is Binding
By: Lorna Barrett
271 Pages

Summary:
When she moved to Stoneham, city slicker Tricia Miles met nothing but friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased-and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries-and hunt down someone who isn't killing by the book.  ---bn.com

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. If I could, I would move to Stoneham, New Hampshire. However, it's a fictional place, so there goes that. I loved the idea of an entire street being devoted to different bookshops. I loved that this street was reviving the town's economy. I loved reading about it.

The plot was a little slow moving in areas, but  I didn't care because the book's setting kept me engrossed. The mystery itself was good. There were several times I thought I had it figured out, but I didn't. The plot twist was one I've only seen in soap operas. The characters were fun to meet and get to know.

For readers who enjoy light mystery without the blood, guts, and gore, this book may be one to try. If you love the book world, you will definitely like this book. This book is the first of the series and I look forward to reading the others.

Rating: Buy It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada