Reading Habits

June 12, 2011

I thought I'd share with you a couple of my reading habits. Granted, these are only the tip of my odd ice burg. I didn't want to overwhelm you, so I thought I'd do a couple at a time.

When you're reading a book, do you ever check to see how many pages the books is? I do that- every time. I'm one of those people who likes to know how long the book I'm reading is. And then, as I read the book, I keep track of how many pages I have left before I finish the book. For the most part, I'm not a fan of long books.

I don't just stop there. Nope, I have gotten into the habit of counting the number of pages in the individual chapters as well. I love shorter chapters. Being a person who ofter has to steal time to read, short chapters are wonderful. 10 pages,or less, are perfect to me. I've noticed that over the years, I've started seeing how long the chapter is that I'm about to begin. I don't really know why this is, but I do.

Funny how these were habits that formed over the last 5 years, or so. Growing up I don't remember being concerned with how long a book was, nor a chapter. Oh well. Things change as you get older. It does make me wonder what new habits I'll develop over the next few years. We shall see.

4 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on June 13, 2011 at 8:21 AM said...

Oh. My. God! I do the same! I always check how many pages a book has and I count the pages in each chapter! Wow, I'm not alone in this.:)

Casey (The Bookish Type) on June 13, 2011 at 1:31 PM said...

I definitely check the page count -- but the best books are the ones where I don't keep an eye on the page number because I'm so engrossed in the story =)

Jen on June 13, 2011 at 4:13 PM said...

Irena- we are reading soul mates! LOL So glad I'm in great company.

Casey- There have been a handful of books that were so good I forgot to keep track. I love it when that happens and wish it happened more often.

CityMidwife on June 15, 2011 at 1:10 PM said...

I do this!! It is the most frustrating thing about a kindle! I'm not able to see how many pages that I have read and how many I have to go :(

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada