Reader Frustration!!!! (HELP!!)

July 11, 2011


What the heck?!?!?!? The last several books I've read have sucked! There's no way around it- they were awful! Most of them didn't even make it to my blog because there was no point. For the most part, I didn't even finish them. What in the world?!

The last book I loved was The Last Letter From Your Lover. I should have known that it would be hard to top, but I had hope. Every book since that one has been bad. And these are all review requests! A part of me is just about ready to take a break from the requests and hit my long missed bookshelves.

I hate when this happens. I know it's bound to happen and there's really no way around it. Sometimes these slumps are brief. Sometimes they are lengthy ruiners of a beloved past time. All I know is that when they happen to me, I am nothing short of miserable. I miss getting sucked into a storyline. I miss not being able to wait to see what will happen next. I miss being drawn to the characters and their world.

AARRGGHH!! Has this happened to you? How did you get through it? Was there one book or author that restored everything? Any advise?

2 comments:

A Buckeye Girl Reads on July 11, 2011 at 9:13 PM said...

This happens to me all the time-and once you are in a book funk, it's hard to get out of one. Novellas have helped me get out of many a book funk!

A Buckeye Girl Reads on July 11, 2011 at 9:15 PM said...

Have you read Violets of March by Sarah Jio? That was the last really good non paranormal romance/urban fantasy book I read. I think it might get you out of your funk!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada