Books & Me

April 15, 2010



I've been a book lover for as long as I can remember. In junior high I was introduced to Anne of Green Gables, and quickly related to Anne Shirley. From then on my love of reading became a passion that has now progressed to a full-blown obsession. According to my husband, if I don't have a book to read I get antsy.


I could NOT live without books!! The classics, fiction, mysteries, biographies & autobiographies have all been my saving grace. Barnes & Noble is my happy place. I often say, "screw Disneyland. It's never done a thing for me."



Nothing beats a good book. I LOVE getting lost in a good book. I love feeling like I'm really in the story and the people aren't just characters made up by the author. I love living vicariously through the different characters I read about. Through books I get to travel to places I know I'll never really see; I get to interact with all kinds of different personalities; and I get to do things I normally wouldn't get to do otherwise.



Now that I have children my reading time is a fraction of what it used to be. I find myself counting down the minutes until nap time & bed time because that's when I get to curl up somewhere and get lost in a world other than my own. There are many times I say to myself, "Barnes & Noble take me away." At the end of the day, a good book is often like a little slice of Heaven for me.

1 comments:

The Queen B on April 15, 2010 at 2:25 PM said...

I know the feeling. I lurve me my books. I get pissy when I'm in a book withdrawal :P

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada