The Haunted Bookshop

January 20, 2011

The Haunted Bookshop
By: Christopher Morley

I couldn't wait to read this book. I found it on the Barnes & Noble website and downloaded it onto my Nook. Turns out, I shouldn't have. It was another example of a book taking too long to get the plot going and not being able to keep me interested while I waited. I was so bummed that it wasn't a good read! The title was great! The potential for a phenomenal story is there!

Instead of just throwing in the towel, I decided to take a break. I was going to read another book and come back to The Haunted Bookshop. However, I have officially thrown the towel in. There are just too many other books- too many classics- out there to read and enjoy. Maybe one day I'll pick it up and have better luck, but I don't see it happening in the near future.

2 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on January 21, 2011 at 5:05 AM said...

Aw, I'm so sorry you came upon another bad book. I see you're reading Luxe and I hope you'll like this one better. Can't wait to read your reviw of Luxe!

Jen on January 21, 2011 at 10:54 AM said...

I was bummed it wasn't a good read either. So far I'm loving Luxe! I bought the 2nd book in B&N.com bargain section, so I thought I should read the 1st book first.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada