The Sherlockian

January 14, 2011


The Sherlockian
By: Graham Moore
346 pages

Summary:
Author Arthur Conan Doyle kept diaries religiously. But after his death, one goes missing. Why? Who took it? What happened to it? Read this author's fictional take on a theory.

It's books like this one that makes me so privileged to be a reader. The Sherlockian was so good!! It was amazing!! Without a doubt I would read this book again and enjoy it every bit as much then as I did now. Not a single page was wasted, but all were dedicated to telling the story and pushing the plot along. Graham Moore wastes no time in getting to the point and, then, keeps it til the very end. It's rare to read a book that is good from the get go and remains that way to the very last word. Also, I loved his Author's Note. In it he tells you the known facts surrounding this mystery.

The Baker Street Irregulars is a massive group of Sherlock Holmes fans. They get together once a year and revel in the detective and all things about him. Harold has just been inducted into this group and is looking forward to hearing the details behind Alex Cale's big announcement: he has found the missing Arthur Conan Doyle diary. However, the night before the big reveal Alex is found dead in his room. Harold is then bound and determined to figure out why Alex has been murdered, who did it, and where the diary in question is.

While this storyline plays, it alternates with one told from Arthur Conan Doyle's timeline. You read the live version of what was written in the missing journal. And much likes Holmes, Doyle has a partner in his adventure... Bram Stoker!!

I hope you give this book a chance! It was so good!

Rating: BUY IT!!!

3 comments:

Casey (The Bookish Type) on January 14, 2011 at 8:58 PM said...

Omg this sounds amazing! I love Sherlock Holmes, and this sounds like a great re-imagining! Bram Stoker? LOVE it! =)

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on January 15, 2011 at 2:32 AM said...

Great review! I'm not a Sherlock Holmes fan, but even I would read this. I will definitely tell my friend about it, he's a huge Holmes fan.

Jen on January 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM said...

Thanks guys! I have never read a Sherlock Holmes story, but I'm seriously thinking about it now. I hope you both enjoy the book as much as I did if you read it. I look forward to more books from this author.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada