Rumors

January 29, 2011


Rumors
By: Anna Gosbersen
423 Pages

Summary:
Book 2 in The Luxe series has News York City still reeling from the "death" of Elizabeth. No one can sop speculating on whether she really is dead or not. And all the characters in the book try to move on with their lives.

Speculation runs wild on whether beloved, but presumed dead, heiress Elizabeth is dead or alive. Penelope's jealousy reduces her to do whatever she has to in her quest to have Henry- no matter who she hurts in the process. Lina-now Carolina-set her sights on being a socialite and makes progress in that mission. Diana enjoys the heights of true love, and the lows fate can bring.

I enjoyed this book, though not as much as The Luxe. In The Luxe, I was more invested in Elizabeth and Diana- the heroines of the series. Rumors had my focus more on the dastardly doings of Penelope and the desperate quest Caroline is on. The ending to Rumors was sad on just about every front that I cared about. Granted, I know this is by design and necessary to carry on the series, but still. I'm a "happily ever after" type of ending kind of girl, though I know the ending Rumors had makes perfect sense. The stage is perfectly set for book 3, Envy, to come in and carry out the story.

Penelope is a character who you can't wait to see the downfall of because she has it coming on so many levels. I kept rooting for Diana and Henry because they actually were the "misfits" who were the perfect fit. However, Penelope sinks to a new low to guarantee it doesn't happen. Carolina is a character I don't care anything about, though I have to say I hope life brings her lessons of humility. Elizabeth and William were two of my favorites in The Luxe, and I was glad to see them get a happy ending in that book. However, I didn't like their ending in this book.

I am intrigued to see what the next book in the series, Envy, brings. I do think I became a little bit more interested with the bad characters this time around. I am looking forward to Penelope's ruin- though I have no idea if she gets one. The same goes for Caroline.

Rating: Borrow From The Library/Buy It

2 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on January 30, 2011 at 2:55 AM said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the second book in the series, too! I know, the ending is so sad, but it does set a great stage for Envy, which is my favourite novel in the series. Penelope is a character I love to hate.:) She is bad and schemes all the time, but she does make sure the reader's entertained.

Jen on January 30, 2011 at 2:48 PM said...

I'm right there with you about Penelope. I'm gonna take a little break from the series so I can read a couple of other books, then I'll pick it back up. So bummed there will be no more boks joinging the series. Still, 4 is a good number of books.

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada