Journey Through The Classics Update!

September 3, 2010

Note: This book is not on the Barnes & Noble Classics list that I'm reading through. Some people may call into question whether this book is a classic at all. I felt it was so I included it here.


One of the great things about helping run a children's blog is getting to re-visit characters I loved as a kid. Pippi Longstocking is one of those characters I never forgot and couldn't get enough of. Turns out, I still can't!

I grew up watching her movies when they'd air on TV. It was years before I ever knew the movies were based off of the books. Well, once I knew, there was no stopping me. I HAD TO READ THE BOOKS!!

I've read this book a couple of times now and have loved it as much every time! Pippi is so much fun to visit. She's a girl who lives alone in a big house and had incredible strength. She becomes friends with the next door kids, Tommy & Annika, and the fun never ends.

Pippi has her own way of doing things. She has no problem putting bullies in their place... or hanging them from tree branches. She does household chores... like washing her floors on skate brushes. And her creative side cannot be contained to a piece of paper alone... but the school room floor might do it.

I could go on and on. There are 3 books in her series and I intend to enjoy each of them.

2 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on September 4, 2010 at 1:02 AM said...

I think it's a classic children's book, definitely. Pippi is just epic. I read her adventures when I was a kid and I even got to see a play on stage. Pippi rocks.;)Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Jen on September 4, 2010 at 1:33 PM said...

I bet seeing it on stage was amazing!! I agree with you, I think she's a children's classic! Thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada