The Leaning Tower of Jen...

September 14, 2010

For the past 2 days I have looked like this. My back has been spasming and in no time, I am leaning to the right. To say it's painful would probably be redundant, but it is.

I've spent pretty much all of today in bed. The one good thing out of this is that I've been able to get a little bit of reading done- but not much.


When no amount of ibuprofen did anything to help, I took matters into my own hands. I was sure that a piece of cake from my daughter's birthday party would fix me. Is there anything good cake can't fix?! Apparently, there is because it didn't do the trick. I then began to bribe my back. I pleaded that if it would stop spasming on me I'd give it chocolate chip cookies. I swear it knows because it started getting better. But I'm still in bad shape.


Oh well, no one can say I didn't try. I wonder if I should charge admission for people come check out the real life version of the historical landmark? Just a thought...

5 comments:

Greytfriend on September 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

My case is a little unique because I have fibromyalgia. It complicates figuring out what's going on and figuring out what to do about it. But I have been fighting what turns out to be spasms lately (thank goodness, other options are worse). I'm working on calming them down with meds so I can feel better and then also get to the physical therapist to learn to prevent them in the future.

My advice is to see your doc if you don't feel better soon. You know when something just isn't right and you shouldn't have to suffer. I'm sure your doc will agree. I was surprised to find that the right muscle relaxer really did help; the pain was so bad I didn't think anything would work! That plus exercise, posture, etc... Plus lots of little tricks. Like piles of pillows to support me and my books when I'm reading. Or the book stand that I told you about. And I've started using a wireless keyboard and trackball so that I can lift my laptop up on pillows to face height and not hunch over when I'm typing, but also have the keyboard down at my lap level and not have my arms up in the air. That really helps a tremendous amount.

Good luck! And feel better.

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on September 15, 2010 at 1:33 AM said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear your back is giving you trouble, Jen. Perhaps it would be wise to see a doctor soon. Why torture yourself? A doctor might help.

Jen on September 15, 2010 at 9:10 AM said...

thanks for all the advice! i plan on calling my doctor today. hopefully the worst is behind me.

kids book korner on September 15, 2010 at 11:17 PM said...

Jen, I hope you feel better soon! Maybe some Moscato will help.

Jen on September 16, 2010 at 3:22 PM said...

Rose, that stuff is like music to my soul! Today I haven't gone crooked & only had a couple of light spasms, so here's hoping whatever was wrong fixed itself. Man that sucked!!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada