Legacy

October 10, 2010



Legacy
By: Danielle Steel
326 Pages

Summary:
Dumped by her boyfriend of 6 years. Laid off by the job she had for 10 years; Brigitte Nicholson had the week from hell. What was she to do now? Get lost in her family history while doing a favor for her Mother? Once Brigitte discovers the Indian relative, Wachiwi, that's exactly what she does. Who was she? What was she like? And how did she come to meet, marry a French Marquis and be presented to the King and Queen? Brigitte doesn't know, but she decides to find out.

Legacy was leaps and bounds better than Danielle's last book Family Ties. I got so engrossed with the Wachiwi storyline and her life story! I've always said that Danielle does historical fiction well, and this storyline was a prime example. The details she used made me forget that I knew nothing about Indian life from 100s of years ago. I loved reading how Wachiwi goes from her Indian life to France. It was truly a great story. My only complaint with it was that it seemed to end abruptly. You never get her complete story. You don't know how she died, only that she died a few months apart from her husband's. I wish you got her whole life's story.

Brigitte's storyline was good for the most part. She's the girl who never had ambitious goals and it cost her in the end. She spent 7 years devoted to a book about the history of Women's right to vote only to abandon it. I was able to relate to her in these respects since I'm not an overly ambitious person myself and have spent years on a project near and dear to me that may never get completed. Towards the end of the book I got a little bored with Brigitte and, but I was routing for her to take the leap of faith she never took before.

I'm glad I read Legacy. It was so fun! This book was a great escape into a world I knew nothing about.

Rating: Borrow From Library

2 comments:

Irena @ This Miss Loves to Read on October 11, 2010 at 1:36 AM said...

Great review! It seems Danielle is back.

Jen on October 11, 2010 at 11:52 AM said...

thanks!! I didn't know what to expect, but I was happily surprised!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada