My Dark Academia Reading List!

August 24, 2022





September is right around the corner. Fall is on it's way! Kids are going back to school, so what better time to dedicate the month of September to a Dark Academia reading list?! September just seems like the perfect time to curl up with a comfy blanket and cup of hot chocolate while I get lost in a story involving schools. 

So, I've compiled a list of books I would like to read during September. I don't know if I'll get to them all, but we'll do what we can. I don't read suspense/thriller books very often- I'm the biggest chicken. But, these sounded intriguing and have caught my attention, so we're gonna give them a try.

 

Oliver has been released from prison after serving 10 years. He's finally ready to tell his story and the person who put him in prison is there waiting to hear him tell it. What happened 10 years ago between Oliver and his 4 friends/classmates? 

I've heard how great this book is. Other readers have called it their favorite book of the year they read it. It's gotten tons of 5 star reviews. It's caught my eye and I'm wanting to find out Oliver's story.


Four strangers are sitting at the same table in a library when a murder occurs. The police keep everyone where they are while they figure out what happened- and which of the four is the murderer.

People have said this reminds them of and Agatha Christie book, and I loved the books of hers I've read. Plus, it's set in a library!! This just sounds like an intriguing story. 



Another story with a school setting. This time you have a charming, handsome teacher. You have a group of female students. Someone dies and someone is convinced the teacher did it. Did he?

Once again, the school setting has me intrigued. I have no clue what I'm on for since I haven't read Alex Michaelides debut book The Silent Patient. The idea of a secret society/fan club for a teacher just seems like the recipe for trouble. For reasons I can't explain, I'm curious enough to read it.


Six friends reunite at their college reunion. One of their friends is murdered while they were in school. Someone is as determined to reveal what happened as the friends are to keep their secrets.

Another book getting rave reviews. I love the idea of a reunion where old secrets turn out not be buried as previously thought. What have the friends been hiding?! I don't know, but I hope to find out.


5 years ago, Andie was a high school senior when she was killed by her boyfriend in a murder/suicide. Now, Pip's a senior and her for her final project she's going to dig into the case. She's always felt there was more to the story and now's her chance to find out if there is.

I'm fascinated with the idea that a senior in high school digging into an old case. This is a unique angle that I haven't come across before, so I look forward to learning what she finds out. 




Four friends at a boarding school have made up a game. They lie to students and faculty alike. However, years later, they learn a long buried secret may not be buried like they thought.

I had started this book several years ago, but never finished it. I don't remember why, but I did remember liking what I had read. I'm hoping to read the whole book, thus getting the whole story. I've heard mixed reviews on Ruth Ware, so I'm wondering where I'll fall. 


Thrillers/suspense books aren't really my normal reads of choice, but we're going to break out of our comfort zone in September. All of these books sound intriguing to me and I'm excited to read them. I have no clue if I'll get to all of them, but I'm hoping to. I'm hoping I love them as much as other people did. Mostly, I'm looking forward to good stories read as the weather cools down. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada