My Jesus

March 23, 2023

 


My Jesus
By: Anne Wilson
Genre: Memoirs/Christian Non-Fiction

Summary:
Anne shares with you the loving family she has- sharing fun memories they've all made over the years. But, she also shares with you the devastating heartbreak her family has had to recover from. And through it all, she shares how Jesus was the loving force that got them all through. True to His word, He made good from bad and here's how he did it all.

Like many of America, I've heard the song "My Jesus". I was late to that game, but once I found it I loved it. But I had no idea the story behind that song: how it came to be, the events leading to it, or how it's blessings all pointed to Jesus. I knew nothing about Anne prior to her book, but I was blessed to read her story- and be touched by it. 

Anne grew up in a loving. close Christian family. She was the youngest of the three children and was particularly close to her brother, Jacob. She pours out fun and loving memories with them- many involving her beloved brother. And Anne shares how everything changed in the very early hours one morning. She shares how her family was forever rocked with the death of Jacob. She walks you through getting the news and the gut wrenching life after it. How do you recover from such a loss? How do you move on? With Jesus.

As you read this heartbreaking book, you won't be able to dismiss the presence of Jesus. From the time Anne audibly heard His voice to all the times she relied on Him to get through the devastating days after. Anne really highlights the ways Jesus was there with her and got her through the funerals and other hard moments. You see how He answered prayers when all she could do was pray. You read the story how Jesus and Anne formed such a tight personal relationship. Anne tells you how Jesus became her Jesus and how He turned her heartbreak into one blessing after another. 

I cried during this book. I felt so much hope and inspiration during this book. I was amazed at the strength of Anne and her family- and their never wavering dedication to Jesus through their darkest times. I am a better person after having read her story. It was a touching reminder of how you can surrender your hardest, lowest times to Jesus and watch him do the unimaginable with them. I loved reading of the blessings that could only be explained as done by Jesus. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada